Today in my class we talked about some Victorian literature that we read. It was fascinating. We discussed how the english, during the Victorian age really questioned the knowledge of religion. They wanted, just like many do today, evidence that Christianity is true. They tried to use scientific and literary means to discover if there really was a God and what his role is.
I have thought on this a time or two and quite frankly I find it somewhat ridiculous. If there is a God, and I know there is, he would not show himself to anyone trying to find him the way they want to find him, rather than the ways he has shown them to find them.
Spiritual things can only be understood spiritually. You wouldn't use greek to uncover secrets in chemistry. Well, religion and spirituality are their own science. You have to know the tools of sincere desire, faith, prayer, scriptures and good works to have evidences (which will also be different from other sciences) to know that God exists and that he plays not only a role, but the biggest one in our lives.
I know he does and I know that anyone who tries his method can get to know for themselves. Its awesome!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
The Science of Religion
Labels:
evidence,
faith,
God,
prayer,
religion,
Science,
scriptures,
spirituality
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment